Skyrim - Naturalist ENB for CoT 2.0

share your configuration files
  • Author

Skyrim - Naturalist ENB for CoT 2.0

Zip File:
Naturalist ENB for CoT 2.0

I have noticed many presets look unnatural regarding lighting, specifically the loss of detail due to sabotaged HDR. This means many presets have washed-out whites, and crushed blacks to the point of severe loss of detail. On a bright day, most ENBs will have pitch black shadows wherever shade is to be found.

Now, while this does have a neat stylized look, specifically a low-grade consumer camera look, it's not like what your eyes see.
The aim of this ENB is to simulate a more natural look, as if you were really standing there, while simultaneously keeping the mood of Skyrim intact.
This ENB preset isn't for everyone, and took me about 4-5 months to get it to look the way it does.
I'm sure there are still some tweaks that may need to be done, but it looks pretty amazing to me, so here it is.
Please be considerate; if you don't care for it, fine, but that's no reason to trash it. Keep your condescending opinions to yourself.
I do not know which files are allowed, save for Boris' request that the ENB binaries remain on his page only. If there's a file in there I'm not to redistribute, please let me know, and provide a link for others.
I will not be able to access the Nexus to provide mod links, since an abusive moderator had a disagreement with me and IP banned me.

I should probably mention this preset is frame-rate friendly for those of us with only 1 GPU.
My Gigabyte OC Edition 4GB GDDR5 VRAM Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 can run this preset (plus some HD mods) at 35-45fps in exteriors, and a solid 60fps (adaptive refresh rate) in interiors.
See THIS picture to gauge your performance by comparing cards if you wish.
Oh, and be sure to read the "README" file!

Here are some screenshots, along with my YouTube gameplay demo for this ENB:
YouTube Demo Video

If you were wondering (mostly directed at shingouki whom I can't reply to in the PM due to my sparse activity here), that is the TKChildren mod.
I don't recall if the clothes textures come with that mod, or if it's from "Elaborate Textiles" by Miss Obsidenne, "Improved NPC Clothing" by BaronDavid, or possibly SMIM.

Re: Skyrim - Naturalist ENB for CoT 2.0

I would either down scale this pics to 720p or make cuts of 1080p screens at the max the host allows. Cause I see compression artifacts in it, around the faces. I think you did a good job with it, but it doesn't present well. Then video is harder than pics so I don't even wana watch it. I want to try this Enb though just cause it sounds like you did a good job. It's just the presentation is off a bit. Which is hard to capture. I learned to capture 1080p @ 24 fps, then encode it to 720p an it keeps all the detail but meets the bitrate requirements to share across the net. It at least looks like the games do. I've taken pics of a enb an they got all messed up in hosting. Thanks for the cool Enb though, going to try it tonight.

Why is it so blurry

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

myztikrice wrote:Why is it so blurry
Looks like Chromatic Aberration to me... it's a matter of taste.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Jafin16 wrote:
myztikrice wrote:Why is it so blurry
Looks like Chromatic Aberration to me... it's a matter of taste.
I don't see any CA...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No chromatic aberration, just bad compression methods used.
This displays CA very good, and in a extreme case - http://www.tlc-systems.com/pp011185crp.jpg

Still the visuals are there and it looks very natural, good natural lighting that is. With dramatic scenes where it would be expected to be, like the sunsets and sunrises.