Laserschwert's ENB Config for Skyrim

share your configuration files
  • Author

Laserschwert's ENB Config for Skyrim

Following Boris' advice, I'll just put my post (though slightly updated) from the gallery thread into its own preset thread:

I was very intrigued when I saw the possibilities ENB would bring to Skyrim, so I've used Yadda's Realistic ENB Config v1.021 as a starting point to create my own config.

The first thing I had to turn off was indirect lighting (which is used by many great presets, including Gionight's much sought after version), as it immediately brought my system to its knees, with like one frame every 3 seconds or so. I've tried to come up with a more naturalistic, soft (not too blurry) look for skyrim, not as contrasty (or "punchy") as many of the other configs I've seen around. Also the nights should be dark, but still "playable", while still having the whole thing run fluidly on my relatively modest setup (Intel Core2 Quad Q9400 2.66GHz, 8GB RAM and a Radeon HD 6800).

Comparing my preset to some of the others here, I guess this look won't be everyone's cup of tea - it's sometimes foggy and not as bloomy, bright and colorful as others.

You can find some screenshots below (and a lot more shots can be found HERE). I guess the final appearance depends massively on your monitor setup, so these shots might very well be too bright or dark on your screen. I'd say the brightness slider in the game could be the final tweak to push this preset to something you might like. You can download the complete preset RIGHT HERE.

On with some sunny daytime shots (of an early version, as by now I've found settings to get a sun I'm happy with):

Some overcast shots:

Dusk, Interiors and Nighttime:

Re: Laserschwert's ENB Config for Skyrim

This looks wicked mate, similar to mine, very dream like! I will try it forsure!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

This looks amazing. Perfekt colors and mood.. I'm trying this one, and hopes that it will look like this on my pc :)

My Skyrim ENB
My Gaming youtube Channel
My Animation youtube Channel

I've just realized that it IS possible to use indirect lighting without making the game unplayable (with only a small loss of quality):

In the settings deactivate the anti-aliasing completely and activate FXAA in the advanced settings instead. This way you get another anti aliasing technique which doesn't slow down the game when using indirect lighting. I've attached the updated enbseries.ini to this post.
Attachments
enbseries.ini
(3.79 KiB) Downloaded 224 times

A few comparisons:

Tyomanator

Nice config, liked it much.

A little mistake in your last enbseries.ini (the separate one), showFPS function was not working due to incorrect keycode. Here's corrected one, or just change 0 to 106 in keybinding section.

=======================
Хороший конфиг, мне понравился, ощущение перенасыщенности цвета слабее, чем с другими.

Небольшая ошибка в последней инишке, той, что шла отдельно, не работал индикатор ФПС. Вот исправленный, или просто в секции input поставить:
KeyShowFPS=106 вместо =0