Natural Lighting and Atmospherics for ENB

share your configuration files
  • Author

Re: Natural Lighting and Atmospherics for ENB

Just wanted to drop by and say that I love you CM, your setup looks incredible and I love the new weathers.

I don't really have many performance issues with your ENB as I have had with some others, but that's possibly because I disable Depth of Field for general play (I average 55 or so FPS during daytime using a GTX 780 OC).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks plywood.

zombini - If I remember right VideoMemorySizeMb should be half of your system RAM.
Dark Souls 2 ENB preset - Preset for Dark Souls 2.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Another formula that Boris recently posted as working well, and what I use, is your VRAM minus a small amount. Based on some posts by other users I have had good luck with using 128 as the small amount. Some of this depends on the amount of memory you have of course. There was a somewhat recent discussion on this here when Boris brought that up.

thanks CM, i'm really having trouble with stuttering in the game that's why i asked.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Mist anchors are a little tougher to wrangle than I thought they'd be. I've got over 700 placed and that's just following rivers and the coast. Some areas are like this where the mist line wants to go up high because of other anchors somewhere else in the world:

I end up having to put tons of them down to flatten areas out. Maybe there's a better way to do this.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hey there buddy, for what it's worth, things already look more than decent in the current release with NO mist anchors..

You might consider doing some intermittent releases as you go, rather than tackling everything in one fell swoop? Maybe just cover what you feel are the biggest 'problem areas'...? Get some sleep ;)

I'm usually not able get playable fps with an ENB, except for this one for some reason. Been using it while playing and it is just absolutely stunning. I just feel completely immersed with these presets. Great job Confidence Man once again.

Keep up the good work, can't wait to see what you've got in store for the next update!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

New version is out with (some) mist anchors, some new stuff added, other stuff fixed, etc...

- Added the latest version of scegielski's Enhanced ENB Nighteye.
- Added letterbox effect by request (Matso code). Enable and adjust the size of the bars in the enbeffect.fx shader window.
- Added mist anchors to some areas. This will fix the extremely bright moon in some foggy weathers and make fog lay low to the ground
in affected areas. This is only partially done.
- Added an effect.txt file with day/night/interior separated noise effect (off by default.)
- Adjusted the palette, range now goes to pure black.
- Added Matso's lens shader file, includes Anamorphic lens flare. All lens effects are now off by default, enable for awesome.
- Made a number of little adjustments and fixes for a bunch of things people found in the comments.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Last edited by tapioks on 06 Sep 2014, 23:19, edited 1 time in total.

*master*

Do you still work on this CM? Exterior's are the best, interiors could get some attention there they are pretty bland sometimes.
I wish I could easily mix your exterior daytime's with the K-enb pure light's nights & interiors :D

You did a awesome job though!!