[Skyrim] PNENB (Phinix Natural ENB)

share your configuration files
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: [Skyrim] PNENB (Phinix Natural ENB)

v1.85 re-balances sun rays based on the time of day. Appropriately morning rays are cooler, daytime rays are slightly yellow, and sunsets are more orangish.

Fully compatible with Night Eye effects, including all normal Skyrim effects as well as Gopher's Predator Vision mod. Here are a couple videos to show how well they work: Skyrim Night Eye, Predator Vision.

*sensei*

v1.85c uploaded:
  • Re-balanced interior distant fog for better atmosphere, as well as particle effects (water foam, drifting fog, etc.) for the same reason.
  • Re-balanced exteriors for better atmosphere and more accurate direct lighting. Daytimes should no longer appear overly bright.
Last edited by Phinix on 30 Nov 2013, 09:08, edited 1 time in total.

*sensei*

Uploaded v1.86: Enables balanced, per-weather configuration of all default Skyrim weathers. Individual weather settings can be modified through the shader window of the in-game ENB editor.

*sensei*

NEW ADVANCED UNDERWATER EFFECTS: The latest ENB enables advanced effects for underwater including light rays shining through shadows on the surface! Here are a couple quick examples showing the radical improvement over vanilla Skyrim underwater scenes: Underwater1, Underwater2. (Sorry for poor quality animated GIFs.)
Last edited by Phinix on 25 Dec 2013, 22:56, edited 1 time in total.

*sensei*

v1.89 adds a custom night sky texture to the optional files section with permission from the original author, Neokore. I originally modified this from an older version of the mod Horizon of Dreams called Aetherian Sky (same author), with corrections to certain over bright and "blobby" stars, and balanced to belnd well with this ENB. I feel this came out well, however here is a comparison of my edit and the latest version by Neokore. If you opt for my version, just copy the .bsa file to your Skyrim->Data folder where the PNENB.esp resides.

Happy holidays!

*sensei*

Updated to v1.89c:

Minor tweaks to certain weather configurations. Uploaded a TON of new comparison images to the PNENB page on Skyrim Nexus. Keep in mind these are 256 color animated .GIF images, and so some pixelation occurs in conversion, however it is still adequate to illustrate the dramatic change that PNENB introduces to the overall balance of light and color.

*sensei*

Updated to PNENB v1.90b1 for ENB v0.243:

As of PNENB v1.90b1 the new cloud volumetric ray and shadow effects are enabled and balanced for all standard Skyrim weather. This dramatic new effect creates "god rays" when the sun shines through clouds, and adds a subtle shadow effect over the landscape where the sun is partially blocked by cloud patches.

*sensei*

Updated to v1.95:
  • Updated to the latest ENB v0.246.
  • Added Skyrim Memory Allocation Patch by Sheson to the Optional Files section. Options renamed for clarity, can be configured by the included .ini file. See installation section and included patch readme. Eliminates remaining ILS/CTD issues related to memory allocation.
  • Completely re-balanced ALL weather patterns, dramatically improving the overall natural appearance. More crisp nights, better ambient lighting, etc.
Download

*sensei*

Updated to v1.99:

UPDATE: For PNENB v1.99 I created a custom sun sprite shader from scratch using example #3 Boris provides with the default ENB template enbsunsprite.fx file, with additional code to allow for the individual lens controls. See article for details.

Example image.

Phinix wrote:v1.85 re-balances sun rays based on the time of day. Appropriately morning rays are cooler, daytime rays are slightly yellow, and sunsets are more orangish.

Fully compatible with Night Eye effects, including all normal Skyrim effects as well as Gopher's Predator Vision mod. Here are a couple videos to show how well they work: Skyrim Night Eye, Predator Vision.
I experience some issues with Predator Vision mod and Phinix ENB.
I some (part of the) dungeons it works fine and in other it just doesn't do anything. So it works but not very consistent.. for me at least. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

I like Phinix ENB as it doesn't make interiors pitch black when you set one step a way from a lightsource.
Phinix is also one of the best I've seen for outdoors.. natural colors and not that oversaturated stuff you see with so many other ENB's with still all the eye candy and shadows that comes with an ENB.

I will definitely follow the progress of Phinix ENB and can't wait to experience all the improvements you will make for it.