[Skyrim] PNENB (Phinix Natural ENB)

share your configuration files
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: [Skyrim] PNENB (Phinix Natural ENB)

Update: Now supports ENB v0.223. New memory compression and lens settings.

*sensei*

Update: Now supports ENB v0.227. New water reflectivity option. Rebalanced SSS for more natural skin.

*sensei*

Now supports ENB v0.229. New water settings with caustics. Completely rebalanced fog, distant landscapes, clouds, sky, various light levels, SSS, etc. Several major improvements, the most noticeable of which being the rebalanced interior fog and SSAO settings and distance landscapes, particularly at night.

EDIT: Further updates to fine-tune interiors. Darkened ambient lighting and balanced other settings.

*sensei*

All effects completely rebalanced for v1.74+.

*sensei*

Updated to v1.76.
Last edited by Phinix on 09 Nov 2013, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I see that Gopher is using your ENB in his current "Let's play Skyrim again" :-) Well done!

My Skyrim ENB
My Gaming youtube Channel
My Animation youtube Channel

*sensei*

Updated to v1.78

v1.78 completely reprograms adaptation for interiors (again) and effectively removes the need for PNENB_interiors altogether! I have rebuilt PNENB_interiors (PNENB.esp) to include the few fixes that ARE still needed (basically some adjustments to the image space for Frostmere as that cell is "funky" as well as fixes to the world walls that can invert colors in low light/high contrast settings when using ENB, and also a couple other things like the darkness shout and dreamstate image space, but other than that, it should now be compatible with literally EVERYTHING, because it no longer makes any changes to any other cells (except Frostmere.)

(IMPORTANT: Delete any other plugin in your data folder that starts with "PNENB" to make sure you don't leave a copy of the old one there.)

This update also radically improves the overall quality of interiors, as it is no longer needed to "kill the fog" to darken things and this results in a look MUCH more true to the original Skyrim color scheme. It is the most visually impressive PNENB to date, and should be available later tonight to download.

Note to users of lighting mods: PNENB v1.78 by itself radically rebalances the natural appearance of dungeons and dark areas, making most lighting mods essentially unnecessary. To illustrate I put together a couple quick comparisons of a particularly dark interior (Embershard Mine). This is to show that with the new balance in v1.78, PNENB doesn't just "darken" things so much as "enhance." As you can see, the overall relative brightness remains the same, while the textures suddenly become vibrant and the scene more realistic. (To view these you need to disable any script blocking programs temporarily. You can move your mouse from left to right to cover vanilla Skyrim with PNENB. If you put your mouse in the middle so half of each is showing, the one on the left at that point is PNENB v1.78 and the one on the right is vanilla Skyrim with no ENB. )

v1.78 vanilla/PNENB comparison 1

v1.78 vanilla/PNENB comparison 2

*sensei*

PNENB v1.79 improves exteriors to match the quality of the new interiors. Completely rebuilt sky effects, clouds, and twilight transitions based on a sunrise/sunset time equivalent to October 1st for much more natural transitions and appearance. Made adjustments to distant daytime fog color balance, for a significant atmospheric improvement. Improved night time lighting, with more effective point lighting especially for torches.

*sensei*

Uploaded v1.79b: Compatibility update for the latest ENB v0.234.

Also, cleaned up the description pages a bit.

*sensei*

v1.83+ enables interior/exterior and day/night separation not only for the custom HD6 effects, but also for the built-in ENB brightness, contrast, black/white in/out and other effects as well! I have also enabled per-weather control of many features and while this part still a WIP, many of the rainy weathers that once appeared too dark are now corrected.