What the developer uses...

share your configuration files
  • Author

What the developer uses...

I know this is not the right place to post this but I can't find other appropriate place to post this. Well, I shall say.

All of you ENB users, modifiers will know about several changing images that you can see on the top-left of the main page of ENB website. They were cool, really cool that I spent weeks for searching presets that look like those images. BUT, I found only two. Opethfeldth enb and K enb. Opethfeldth enb meets my likings in exteriors but looks really worse(as for me) in interiors. As for K enb, I found its screenshots looking a like, but when I tried, no luck.

Before I continue saying, here are some images I saved.

Here is my dropbox link for images. /sh/kn0t53tkp3zsajn/_ObxwgtyNB (dropbox website address will be entered first, enbdev website doesn't allow me to add links)

So, what I would like to get is...an pure enb preset which can make skyrim look like from the images. I would like to request you to make it for me or point me out a link to enb that looks like it. Well, so you may ask, some images glow while others not. You want glow or not? The answer is no. But if glow is needed to make skyrim look like it, add it.

I will tell in details about enb preset.

For day time, I would like to have it like from the screenshots "preview-img14", "preview-img1", "preview-img47" and "preview-img62". If you gonna have to add glow, looking like "preview-img34" is fine and nice.

For dawn or/and dusk, looking like from "preview-img15", "preview-img22", "preview-img35" and "preview-img64" is good enough.

For night, looking like from "preview-img65" is really nice. Yeah, it is the only image that shows the night time.

For interior, looking like from "preview-img23" and "preview-img24" would be really great.

I don't think about the version, whether is the 0.102 or 0.166, its fine. For extra data files, like fxaa injector or sweetfx, it less they are included, the better it is.

Well, that's all I wanna request. I'll be grateful if I got the enb I request. Looking forward for it.

Best regards,
RedFog

Re: What the developer uses...

in most of the image u have posted, there is too much sepia effect, or lights are too strong or the rgb tablet is messed up, doubt u will find a preset like that, unless u build it yourself.

1) rgb messed, light too strong (prolly direct) like in picture 1-5-17
2) sepia effect too strong like in picture 7-9-20-23
3) techicolor too strong like in picture 4-9-10

those effect are usually from sweetfx, which can be added to enbpresets.

There are many many valid enb setting, if noone worked out good for you, u maybe have something who conflict with the result of enb.

Basically u should not use anymod who modify lights/shadow/color saturations/depth of field/ and shader effect in general, unless specified in the post of the ENB setting creator, otherwise u will compromise the final result.

Anyways, im working and almost finished my enb+sweetfx preset, if u like it, u will find available here in a week or so.

couple screenz.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Impossible, nobody wants to make per location or per time presets.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm hoping this is a joke...

Well, sorry to everyone that I had got a very big mistake in my typing. Here is the actual sentence

"For day time, I would like to have it like from the screenshots "preview-img14" or "preview-img1" or "preview-img47" or "preview-img62". If you gonna have to add glow, looking like "preview-img34" is fine and nice.

For dawn or/and dusk, looking like from "preview-img15" or "preview-img22" or "preview-img35" or "preview-img64" is good enough.

For night, looking like from "preview-img65" is really nice. Yeah, it is the only image that shows the night time.

For interior, looking like from "preview-img23" or "preview-img24" would be really great."

Well, dude. If its really sweetfx, please point me out a good enb mod using sweetfx. I mean, the enb which looks as much same as from my screenshots. Or, I'll wait for your enb.

Well, boris. I didn't mean per-location preset. I mean preset which makes skyrim looks like that screen in day and looks like that screen in night, etc.

Also, now I have changed my mind. If you can have me an enb which can make skyrim looks like just only one of my screens, then I will really have you thank you. Also, if you can make day-time look same but not evening or evening but not day etc..., its ok. Just need to look like one screen outside and one screen inside. Well, uh, if my words hurt someone, I'm sorry. I'm not very good at English.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Impossible.

@RedFog

Theres a couple of problems with your post that you don't seem to realise. I'm going to assume it's because you don't understand so I'll explain it to you;

1. It takes weeks and sometimes months to make presets like the ones in the screenshot, and its extremely rude to come here and ask people to make one specifically for you...for free. That implies that you could not be bothered making your own, and that your time is more important than ours.

2. There is no way for anyone here to make a preset that will look exactly like those screen shots on your PC, because of your monitor. Every monitor looks slightly different in colour, brightness, and contrast, so unless you calibrate your monitor to the same standard the preset was made with, its never going to look the same on your monitor anyway. Also if you use lighting and weather mods the developer did not use, it won't look the same.

If you really want your game to look like the enb in the screenshots you have to do some work yourself to get your system and game set up to work properly with the enb you want to use.

Take K ENB for example, the instructions say to calibrate your monitor, change some settings in skyrimprefs.ini, and not to use any weather or lighting mods. It seems to me like you have not bothered read the instructions otherwise you would have done this and everything would have looked fine.

Oh, thank you. I understand now. I'm very sorry for being rude. Yeah, its up to me to make my own enb for my own likings or find them myself.

I have now found one enb which fits with my likings. Its TV enb, which looks really exactly like one of my screens. Along with it, I found out that sweetfx was the only great sharpening and shader-adding source for skyrim with enb.

One last request, can anyone point me out a link to tutorial on how to edit skyrim enb? I would like to read it to have an enb preset of my own.

Big thanks to everyone for your kind posts and advices!

Best regards,
RedFog

I don't know of any up to date guides, here are some older ones to get you started though, the rest you can experiment with in game using the gui (hit shift+enter in game with the newer versions);

There is some documentation on this site;
http://www.enbdev.com/doc_skyrim_en.htm

This is a short guide by the step project people;
http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:ENB#tab=Introduction

Tapioks has included an in depth guide with his preset;
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/822

A short guide by UnrealWarfare;
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/articles/78/

Those are the only ones I can think of, there may be others that I havn't seen though.

~Cheers