Apex ENB For Fallout New Vegas

share your configuration files
  • Author

Re: Apex ENB For Fallout New Vegas

Hmmm, think I'll be buying a new graphics card then, with the Beta preset enabled, I'm consistently running below 20fps.

My initial impressions are that some light sources seem too bright (there's a light at the front of the Goodspring saloon that is pretty ridiculous at night) and that dark 'spaces' are too dark, I've found myself having to turn on my pip-boy light in a lot of interior locations, which kind of sucks :/ This could well just be my setup/machine etc.

I'll stick on some screenshots soon, tinypic.com is currently just saying 'Uploading... Please Wait '.

My enblocal.ini tells me my screenshot key = 44. But I still haven't figured out which key that actually is. Just been hitting all the usual suspects. I have a sneaking suspicion it's the comma key, but if anyone can tell me for sure, that would be cool.

My first attempt at uploading a screenshot:

Let me know if that turned out alright for you :D

The darkness of the interiors is that way on purpose. It's meant to be realistic, because dark, unlit caves and boarded up houses at night time are not always going to be plainly visible without some source of light.

As for the nights, they are very much a work in progress so if you could tell me which light is too bright, and possibly find others that are too bright it would be very much appreciated. Otherwise I won't be able to adjust the settingsto fix them.

And don't forget to take screenshots of them and any other flaws/strengths you see in the ENB.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

NV is tough in that the brightness of light sources are all different depending on the imagespace. In one interior a fluorescent light may look fine, in another interior the same exact light can be completely blown out due to the different emissive values of the imagespace. This can be a huge problem if you're using adaptation or lens effects. The only real solution is to normalize them all in the GECK.
Dark Souls 2 ENB preset - Preset for Dark Souls 2.

Yeah that's another problem. I have that same problem when balancing my ENB for interiors.

By the way confidence man, have you tried out any of my beta presets yet? And if so, how do you think they look, and what do you think should be improved upon?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I haven't. My game became really unstable (crashing after 5 - 10 mins) so I pretty much shelved it. I'm sure it was one or a combination of mods I had installed, but I never bothered to figure it out. Maybe now that my skyrim preset is out there I'll go back to this.
Dark Souls 2 ENB preset - Preset for Dark Souls 2.

Sorry Nawtilis, going to stop using the beta until I get a better GPU. Maybe a Radeon R9 270X.

I want to start by saying I love your ENB. And I'm sorry to hear you've decided not to support Nevada Skies. It's one of the few mods in my list I consider essential as I'm an extremely atmosphere oriented player. Is there anything I can do to help make it worth supporting for you?

I decided to give this beta Apex a test run. While using the default preset files from the archive my game exits to the desktop immediately after opening. I get the same behavior from the New vegas launcher as well. I deleted all traces of the ENB files from my folder and verified the game runs normally on its own, then resintalled the ENB just to verify that it was something with the preset rather than anything I did during install.

As others have reported, if I set InitProxyFunctions to False in enblocal.ini it runs. However it's choppy as hell and loading screens takes 3 times longer than normal. My system is somewhat performance oriented. Version 2.2 of the Apex ENB runs completely smooth.

My system specs: Asus Radeon R9 280x with 3gb of video memory, AMD FX 8320 CPU, 16gb of DDR3 2400 ram, and a Seagate 240gb SSD. Windows 7 pro. Using version 13.12 of the catalyst control center and drivers.

By the way I love the lense effects you added to this release. I don't remember seeing those in version 2.2.

After tweaking the memory settings I got it to run reasonably smooth. The loading times are still an issue though. Do you think it might be because I had to set InitProxyFunctions to false just to get the beta to run?

These are the enblocal.ini settings that smoothed out the gameplay for me. Maybe they'll help with others using similar hardware :)

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=true
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=1024
VideoMemorySizeMb=10240
EnableCompression=true

I also tried all 6 presets. I liked preset 5 best. Especially at night. 2 was pretty decent as well but it was a little to dark at night. Since nightvision doesn't work with this ENB, the ability to see in the dark becomes a little more crucial so I found 5 really looked fantastic and worked best for me. I also have Nevada Skies 1.41 installed. I've only seen clear sky and rainy weather so far but those both looked good with preset 5.

That's great, but none of these presets are meant to be used with Nevada Skies, and I'm looking for feedback from people who don't have Nevada Skies. Screenshots are also the most helpful way for me to see how it looks on other people's computers/monitors.

Very nice enb I have not taken any screenshots as yet, but the only problem I see with this enb is in some interiors the glare from some light source can be to much, like in doc mitchell house. Other then that great job,I would like to see a Blackout hybrid like your pass version,for me those was the best I ever use and is this compatible with FNV Realistic Wasteland Lighting.