Apex ENB For Fallout New Vegas

share your configuration files
  • Author

Re: Apex ENB For Fallout New Vegas

Hello everyone, a new update for Apex ENB is coming out soon.

I'm not sure what is causing that glitch you guys are getting. It might not even be a problem with my ENB specifically.

The current version is completely out of date due to it being designed for a much older and now non-existent version of Nevada skies, and the newer version will look much different than all previous incarnations. The look of the very first version of this ENB died when the version of Nevada Skies it used was updated, because the lighting and saturation were completely changed in the newer version.

The Newer version will not have Nevada Skies compatibility as I have gotten sick of trying to balance the ENB out for every different weather type. If any of you want to help me beta test it, just reply to this thread or PM me.

Here are a few snap-shots of my current build:

Looks awesome, definitely worth sacrificing Nevada Skies for :D I'd be happy to Beta test this for you as well, just let me know the details.

Will the new version still look as intended with ILO and ElectroCity?

The Beta Will be released shortly, I am also waiting for more people to help me test it out before I upload it.

It will still be compatible, and designed around Interior Lighting Overhaul and ElectroCity. The ENBserieslocal.ini ENBboost feature file will need to be calibrated for your own PC's specs. My computer is quite high-end so it might need to be adjusted a bit.

i will test it,good to see a update.

Well folks here are the beta files.

There are 5 variants of the enbseries.ini to choose from. Please test them and take screenshots so I can see how they look in other people's games. Also, tell me which variation do you think looks the best.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ir4z3 ... aFiles.rar

**EDIT**

The night time settings in all of my presets are very much works in progress. Also, 2 new presets released for beta testing, 5 & 6.
Last edited by Nawtilis2 on 10 Mar 2014, 07:40, edited 2 times in total.

I've only had a look at presets one and two so far, and I think two is winning, colours seem more realistic and it seems to be more friendly on my PC. I'll have a go at uploading some screenshots soon.

On that note, if I wanted to make New Vegas (or Skyrim/Dishonored etc.) run at a higher framerate with less jerking and skipping, what would be the best thing to upgrade on my PC?

Here are my current specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.20GHz
6.00GB RAM
64-bit Windows 8.1
AMD Radeon HD5700 Series

You definitely want to up grade your GPU (the AMD Radeon HD5700 Series) to a newer and more powerful card. Your CPU is fine for Skyrim/Fallout New Vegas.

If you have the money and are willing to spend it, get a high-end AMD/Nvidia.

Hey, your beta ENB presets are crashing my game on start up like the other two people reporting it. It starts the game for about a second and then crashes without an error. Unlike the others, my log.log file shows nothing to copy and paste. It's only fixed when I copy over the default v249 wrapper files back over. Just thought I'd let you know since that now makes three people having the same problem which means there's likely far more that just haven't bothered to register and report it to you.

@elmerfudd

I would try deleting all of the sweet.fx files that came with the beta, and then installing new ones from a fresh download of them, or another ENB. I would also try setting the "EnableProxyLibrary" and "InitProxyFunctions" setting to false in both the enbseries.ini and enblocal.ini.

Also, as I mentioned a few posts above this one, the enblocal.ini "ENBBoost" memory settings settings are set for people who have high-quality computers. I would try deleting everything under the Memory category in the enblocal.ini and then copying and pasting in the default settings from another enblocal.ini file that comes from an ENB that works with your game.

Tell me if those suggestions help.

Also, I have Updated the beta files once again, check out the new Presets 5 & 6 if you haven't already.

Thanks, setting those lines to false made it work. It's slow as hell for everything to load, including the game menus but once the game is actually loaded then everything's fairly smooth.