Deus Ex: Human Revolution ENB and Injector Settings v1.4

share your configuration files
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution ENB and Injector Settings v1.3

@llanenganhorrones465,

Ummm........:D

I'm actually relieved, because this game really didn't need it in my opinion. Skyrim on the other hand, the developers crapped all over that game engine! Haha
Yes, just remove d3d9.dll and rename d3d9injFX to d3d9.dll (they share the same name, funny no?), and use the other files that don't start with enb. That will give you just the SweetFX settings.

I played the Darkness demo on Xbox, can't remember if it was part II, and it seemed like a pretty wild game. Perhaps I'll check it out after I get done with some other games I'm currently playing. Well, it's been great doing business with ya, hopefully other people will get a laugh out of this! :)

@ENBSeries,

OMG! It's not even April fools day, you gotta be kidding me. XD

You got the worst end of that deal. Hey, it's still a good mod, I just wish I knew about this sooner. <facepalm> :p

There's now a request for a Darkness II ENB, maybe we can make things right after all! :D

stay in touch

*sensei*

@llanenganhorrones465,

Will do, I visit this site often. ;)

I agree, the Darkness II trailer has a much better color palette than the official game. I'm not sure why they went so cartoony on it. Since ENB works for it apparently, there is still hope. ;)

---------------------------------------------

I've noticed that ENB does a better job at removing the gold colorfilter compared to the in-game method, but with the ENB method there is a performance impact even without SSAO and Raytraced Reflections enabled.

Here is the ENB configuration I was working on, so it'll look just like the screenshots from the first page and the one below with ENB color correction:
http://www.mediafire.com/?oij4524s7dnw18a#

---------------------------------------------

Ok, here is a comparison scenario between vanilla (in-game Postprocess turned on), vanilla (in-game Postprocess turned off), and with ENB color correction.
I've disabled SweetFX for these shots and all settings are at maximum quality with the in-game brightness turned all the way down.

Vanilla (in-game Postprocess turned on)

Vanilla (in-game Postprocess turned off)

ENB
Last edited by Bronze316 on 06 Jan 2013, 22:13, edited 5 times in total.

shouldve done the difference with sweetfx and dx11 enabled , i take it the non enb ones are dx9 and no sweetfx , as i can see the textures are less crisp than the enb variant , try again with dx11 and your sweetfx settings , so people can see the real difference , just my 2 cents

*sensei*

Yeah, I've taken so many screenshots while tweaking this game it's not even funny! :p

Image quality aside, the colors need to be examined more in depth.

The comparison shots above have been updated!

---------------------------------------------------

For those who want to play the game with SweetFX only, then try these settings: http://www.mediafire.com/?dfanmx2xzkgnlet
Last edited by Bronze316 on 09 Jan 2013, 20:33, edited 4 times in total.

changed those last couple of lines in your final sweetfx release settings with the updated ones from your last post, very nice i must say , you really are a magician afterall , lols , for real , great work, you are one of those few perfectionists out there when it comes to sweetfx and enb , thou enb not being used for this game in the end , still , hats off to you sir

all we need now is a nice compatibility flag for forcing sgssaa in dx11 over nvidiainspector and slap some downsampling on it for good measure and your set , too bad there never was mod tools released , wouldve loved high rez textures , most textures in dx hr are so low rez , without sweetfx you wouldnt even be able to make out what theyre supposed to be without hardcore squinting

its a damn shame

and nice updated comparison screenies , really shows the crowd the insane difference , instead of making the game better the devs make it worse by adding low rez textures and crappy postprocess filters , unbelievable

p.s> cant wait to see what sweetfx 2.0 final will have to offer for gaming, sadly not much dev going on for enb from boris but thats boris i guess , lols

*sensei*

Sweet! (no pun intended)

Thank you, but I really can't take too much credit for tweaking the SweetFX files, it's nowhere near as involving as ENB is. Yeah, I wish this game had some real AA, which reminds me....don't choose MLAA in the game options! FXAA High is the way to go, it looks better. I was scratching my head earlier when comparing some of my test screenshots, wondering where all those extra jaggies came from. :P

The textures do look alot better, yeah it's amazing. I noticed that effect right away when I started using SweetFX with GTAIV, and now I don't have any urge to install texture packs for that game. :) Check the GTAIV user gallery on this site and you'll see some of my shots, page 11.

I'm not sure that SweetFX 2.0 Final will bring on any major changes, but I'm always checking Boris' work here. Everyonce in a while, and sometimes often he makes some really major breakthroughs. Currently he's focused on Skyrim, that game is still very popular, but I've played it so much I can hardly look at it anymore! XD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is another comparison scenario. Image quality aside, this is only to demonstrate the differences in color.
As you can see, the colors look alot better with ENB, or at least in my opinion. Everything still looks too green in the vanilla game.

Vanilla with in-game Post-Process turned off (gold color filter removed and normal HDR)

ENB color correction

*sensei*

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution ENB and Injector Settings v1.4

This is with the ENB and SweetFX settings (Option A) from v1.4. Thanks for all your hard work Boris!

ahhh shit , so what now, we do use enb afterall , you makin me run around in circles like a chicken with its head cut off,lols

btw your right bout the greenish tint , god damn it, no dx11 for you dx hr,but who cares when you can force sgssaa and use downsampling to counter loss of tesselation , not to mention the insane ultra ssao and reflections ,lols

so much for the final settings, you plan on adding on top of that , hell we can do this all day long ,lmfao

*sensei*

Haha, sorry about that. I was trying to finish my playthrough and noticed too many scenarios where the colors were severely lacking without the ENB, even if there is that performance hit I still don't want to play without it on my lowly ATI 5850 1GB card. ;)

So, I've reworked the config files to allow more performance options and I found out that EnableAmbientOcclusion should ALWAYS be set to "true" in enbseries.ini or else you don't get cubemaps (a vanilla game feature). No worries though, I have it set up to bypass the SSAO and Reflections without losing any of the standard features and the performance didn't suffer at all (Option D in my files), but of course it won't be as fast as DirectX 11.

You bring up a very good point about the AA. I love supersampling, and the next thing I plan on doing is trying various AA. I've only been using the in-game FXAA for tweaking purposes, but from this point I'll look into other methods.

Note: SweetFX allows for injection based SMAA, which is very performance friendly and the quality is good. The default settings are too conservative, so feel free to tweak it to Ultra Quality levels! :)

For now I think that I've tapped as much performance/quality as I can out of this ENB, so this might be the real final version....maybe! XD

Please pass the popcorn! That dude cracks me up. :p