ENB with Lens&Chromatic Ab. working in many dif games

share your configuration files
  • Author

Re: ENB with Lens&Chromatic Ab. working in many dif games

Many thanks Boris, you are very kind and I don't want to push it. I hoped that being these forums so crowded somebody besides you will have anything to contribute.

I'm putting my money where my mouth is, so I made another donation to contribute to your new GPU, Hard disks or whatever.

I am already using ENB in all the games I can, and I think you deserve it just for that. Much better invested money than buying a typical mainstream game you end up playing for 1 month and never go back.

Right now and besides an ENB DX11 compatible, the effects I miss the most are Color Correction, Adaptation, Film Noise, Light Shafts, Vignette and Bloom. If more stuff like DoF and/or Motion Blur can be added it will be great too, but if they are more problematic I won't miss them as much as the others.

I have 3 different ATI/Nvidia systems with very different CPU and GPU combinations and I am a 3dsmax pro, so although I can't code anything (I never even got into Maxscript) I can help with any other stuff related, testing, whatever... (take a look in http://www.nonecg.com and if you need something from there just tell me)

BTW, didn't knew you were a manga fan. Just took a look at your list and didn't found some of my all-time favorites: Jûbê ninpûchô, which got a TV series too 10 years later and Kôkaku kidôtai, which is one of the more pleasant brain food I ever tasted. :D My wife is trying to teach me Nihongo too, but man, those kanji, hiragana, katakana, ... are very hard to people used to just western alphabet writing like me.

Cheers from Spain,

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Offtopic: actually i saw both ghost in the shell and ninja scroll, but they are named in english in the list probably, that's why you missed them. And i'm not a manga fan, i don't read manga at all (it's just a comix for me, better to choose book or anime/movie). Also i'm not a anime fan, i like it, some of them, but the fan only of Japan and some things from the country.

I finally got some some of that ENB Hybrid versions from gtainside and other sites. My effects.txt file with Lens+Chrom Ab doesn't work with that versions, and when trying to nest the ENB Patch version into the Hybrid version my computer hangs or it just doesn't work or do nothing.

I am going to try some copy/paste into the effects.txt files to see if I can add Film Grain Noise or Vignette from those Hybrid versions.

OT: It seemed strange to me, as along with Akira those are some of the most popular anime movies from my days. I'm not much into manga/anime too, but those I think are excellent movies that really made a mark. I always loved japanese culture, gonna try to live there next year for some months and learn some Kyudo traditional archery.

jesped wrote:Pity. This versions works for me in almost every game, but as I am no coder I have no idea how to add more effects.

Would anybody here that has any idea shed some light about it and help improve this version further?
Jesped, you just opened my eyes!!!! I didn't knew that we could use this version of ENB with all those games!! Fantastic!!! I just tried it with Batman Arhkam City and Tomb Raider and it looks great!!! Let's hope ENBSeries will shed some light about the other features!!! One question: In your http://www.nonecg.com/Images/ENB/ENBser ... CG_0.2.rar updated version, there are only 3 files: d3d9.dll , effect.txt and enbseries.ini .Shall we put those files in the ENBseries_several_games_NoneCG.zip ? The enbseries.ini contains only the following:

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=
[GLOBAL]
AdditionalConfigFile=enbseries2.ini
UseEffect=true
ForceSoftwareTransform=false
[INPUT]
KeyUseEffect=123
KeyVideoFix=122
KeyCombination=16

Yes. In fact I think the enbseries.ini file is not even needed, as ENB will create it with the default values if it is not present when running the game.

I think the other best part is that the drop in fps using this version is not noticeable at all in most cases, just barely noticeable in some already very unoptimized games. I tried already 20 games or so with this version and just found 3 games that have problems:

- Crysis DX9: Neither lens nor chroma ab effects work, but on the other side I lose like 10-15 fps, object shadows are not rendered and the adaptation is stronger.

- rFactor 2: This games is still in beta development, so the engine is not optimized. Using this ENB version I lose only like 3-4 fps, but usually my best system is already at the very edge of the 60fps, so losing those precious little fps makes the game stutter.

- Resident Evil Racoon City: Characters in the whole game are not displayed, just the backgrounds. It seems as if they were rendered in a different pass or layer or something like that, so the game runs normally but you can only see the backgrounds.

and that's it. All the other games I tried work flawslessly after the effects.txt cleaning that I did to fix the Tomb Raider Underground underwater sequences.

It is a pity that although this thread is read by many people, no one seems interested. :(

I think if we could add more effects to this version everybody will benefit from it, as it supports so many games and different generic engines like Unreal that there's going to be a game that you like you could use it in for sure.
I just see how FXAAinject and SweetFX are doing around, with less and lower quality effects than seen in ENB, and it seems like a fever or something. There is so much people using them already that lots of forums are flooded with configs and custom presets for each game, it seems like a community growing like a virus.

I think I am already annoying Boris too much about this. He has all the credit for this and he is dealing with several ENB versions at the same time, which must be kind of crazy.

I hoped maybe somebody else could share some help. I am already trying to add more effects myself, but so far I wasn't able to get any more. No wonder, as my attempts are mainly like a blind man trying to fish using arrows.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Trust me, no much users will be interested in such version, i stopped development of generic versions, because of that.

Happy new year! how are things going with ENB? any change for an update to the generic version? :roll:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No progress.

I've stumbled upon this thread and am definitely interested in this "default" enb. How do you detect if it is affecting your game? For instance I see a recognizable enb message during the startup of Arkham City, but no indications when starting with Rage. Also I noticed with Arkham City that some of the GUI Overlays are negatively impacted by this enb, specifaclly the popup windows and also the steam game overlay. Did anyone else run into this?

Addenum: I have the same blurriness associated with the user interface in Dragon Age Origins.

Second addenum: Ignore my prior ramblings! I had software that interfered with using a wrapper version of ENB (I use the Cyborg Gaming Lights behind my monitor and amBXFxGen.exe was interfering). By switching to an injector all the issues I reported have been resolved. I find it amazing how robust this version is!

I also would like to see more advanced generic version, mainly with working custom dof effects