Midhrastic ENB for Fallout 3

share your configuration files
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Midhrastic ENB for Fallout 3

Hi Dalec,

The opacity is an SSAO thing. Can't be avoided other than by turning SSAO off. This will happen in any ENB.
You can get brighter nights by changing the ambient lighting settings in enbseries.ini

Good luck!

Midhrastic WIP ENB for Fallout
More current and archived shots on my Flickr. Selected shots via Flickrock or Fluidr.

I'm loving this Midhras. I wasn't sold on the grain but it looks great in motion. Only thing is it makes the cloud look extremely pixelated for some reason. Will lowering fFlareBlur give me skinnier flares? Also, since the rgb values lower the opacity, is there a difference between lowering that and the intensity?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@jiofsd:
Good questions. The grain doesn't really make the clouds look pixelated, but it could enhance the perceived pixelation. I'm using replacer clouds (from Skyrim) and pixelation is no issue for me. Playing at 1440p+ helps too.
I actually would have to test if intensity and changing opacity through RGB values gives the same result. One thing that's important to realize: changing intensity changes it across the board, whereas editing the RGB values allows one to change intensity per colour channel. Try it.
IIRC enlarging flareblur will give tigher flares, not lowering, but there seems to be a curve in the way that thing works. Try it.

Tonight I'll be releasing an alternative version of Midhrastic. Not Midhrastic v1.1, but a version that features a more gritty quality and less intense bloom. I'm calling it 'Wasted', but I'll release it in my Midhrastic mod page on the Nexus, as it still shares quite some of the parent ENB's sensitivities. Check it out:

More current and archived shots on my Flickr. Selected shots via Flickrock or Fluidr.

Is there a mod for that? I thought the skybox was different. Also I notice your glare is a bit pixelated :lol: I'm using the Skyrim one personally and it works wonderfully. I did some testing with the flareblur and it doesn't affect the size much at all, it seems more like it's changing its chape. I'm liking it at 50 at the moment and it's similar to Mass Effect ones, but I saw the trailer for Looper and those are so pretty

Thanks!

@Midrastic Other than your ENB, I've noticed your game to look incredibly... crisp. Is there some other program or mod you use to get your screenshots as "HD" as they appear in your screenshots?

Oh and here are a few more Vegas screnshots using your enb:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hey EatThyFigs,

Thanks for those New Vegas shots. Love to see that my config can work over there as well. I thought about releasing it on F:VN nexus as well, but that's probably not necessary. People who want my ENB can find it I think. Maybe I'll do a dedicated version in the future: I have a couple good (I think) ideas for the Mojave...

Oh, and I take pride in shooting sharp shots. I'll write up an article on my mod page soon on how I run the game at higher resolutions than my desktop/monitor will allow, which allows for great downsampling, which works better than driver based downsampling (I find).

If only I had more time... I'm also trying to get that 'Wasted' thing out, but I'm having some trouble with it. Let's hope for tonight.

@Midhras Thanks a lot to you too. Your config is probably the best out there right now. And forcing the game to run at such high resolutions sounds quite interesting. I'd love to see a tutorial/tweaked version of your .enb for FNV. :)

Any updates ? :?

Will Fallout New Vegas be getting it's own custom version of this anytime soon?