ENB with Lens&Chromatic Ab. working in many dif games

share your configuration files
  • Author

ENB with Lens&Chromatic Ab. working in many dif games

I've been playing a lot with ENB since Boris released the working version for Aliens vs Predator 2010 ( viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1252 ), and before that I had some little experience with the 082 version for GTA4.

What I just found out is that both the enbseries_re5_patch1_2 and enbseries_sab_patch1_0 versions (both from Nov/Dec 2009) work ok in a lot of different games with the Lens correction & Chromatic Aberration effect.txt provided by Icelaglace (thank you again) that I've been playing with for AvP.

Here is the list of games that this version works for me:

- Dirt2
- Assasins Creed Brotherhood
- rFactor 2 beta
- Alan Wake
- Alan Wake: American Nightmare
- Batman Arkham City and Spec Ops: The line (and thus, I assume most games using the Unreal Engine)
- Call of Duty MW3
- The Amazing Spiderman
- Race Driver Grid

and those are just the ones I tried, but seeing the results I bet it works in many many more.

My question is: what is so special about this particular 2 versions that they work in so many games when none of the other versions (older or newer) work?

The effects working are just the effects that go into the Effect.txt file, there is no bloom, ssao, extra shadow, reflections or any other effect.

Blurry Vignette and Film Noise doesn't work too, although they are working in AvP 2010 using the same Effect.txt file.

Another thing I noticed is that using these versions both FXAA and SweetFX (SMAA) don't work also, but they usually work in other ENB versions adding them in the enbseries.ini config file.
This was usually my way of adding more effects like Bloom, Vignette, Color Correction, Gamma Adj, etc. I use SweetFX in all my DX11 games, as ENB supports only DX9 (which is a pity, I would kill to have lens+chromatic in Assasins Creed 3, Sleeping Dogs, CoD Black Ops 2 and all the new DX11 games that don't support DX9 anymore), but SweetFX doesn't have any option I know of for adding lens, chromatic ab, blurry vignette and other effects that work in some ENB versions, and besides that I think the Bloom and Vignette effects are much better in ENB (when they work).

BTW, will it be any chance to see an ENBseries DX11 version in the future?

What I found most interesting about the fact that both the enbseries_re5_patch1_2 and enbseries_sab_patch1_0 versions work in so many different games is that it seems a kind of "generic" ENB version could be made.

Right now I miss Bloom in some games, Blurry Vignette, Light Shafts (ala Icenhancer 1.2, always loved that effect), Motion Blur and DoF.

I know that at least Motion Blur and DoF may be harder to work as they depend on the Z-Depth, but what about the others? can they be added in these versions in the Effect.txt file?

I already tried, but as I said in the AvP thread I have no programming knowledge and all my efforts go into brute force copy/pasting and tweaking values on trial/error, which I know is totally lame. :lol:

I already donated and are willing to donate again and/or contribute in any form to the extent of my posibilities (no shaders coding, I'm afraid) to further develop these features, as they will work with most of the games I like and I think it will be very interesting for anybody (I imagine people drooling on mainstream forums over an invasion of different ENB enhanced games, like they do over the GTA4 and Skyrim versions).

I am unable to take screenshots with these versions too, and the FPS counter doesn't show up, but here is the version I am talking about (I included both FXAA and SweetFX just in case anyone want to try):

Http://www.nonecg.com/Images/ENB/ENBser ... NoneCG.zip

Re: ENB with Lens&Chromatic Ab. working in many dif games

By the way, forced 16QCSAA and Ambient Occlusion via de Nvidia control panel seems to be working in this version too.

*sensei*

I'm with You bro, I also would like to see more advanced generic version, mainly with working custom dof effects (bokeh DOF, om nom nom nom) and maybe 2.5D object motion blur (it is a post process effect, so it should work for every game). But the worst thing with the generic version is the fact that they are not able to inject real HDR to every game, which is the most neat fututre of ENB, IMO. Boris HDR is one of the most realistic i've ever seen, maybe except the most advanced engines like Cryengine 3. I'm kinda supprised that still so many games either don't have HDR or have very unrealistic, fake one (like Source Engine for example, it have terrible HDR).
GPU: AMD Radeon 5700 XT
Sound Card: X-FI Titanium HD
Mobo: ASRock X370 Pro4
Monitor: M340CLZ 34" 3440x1440 100HZ AMD FREE Sync Curved Monitor

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Patch versions are not generic, i probably forgot to remove code for any post processing in them. External shader effects may not work, because of changes in declared standarts of these files, you may see in effect category of the site that old and new versions exists. Somewhere i mentioned about changes, but don't remember where and starting from which version such old/new division was made.

Dx11 version will be released when:
- i move to win7 x64, this is a pain for such conservative guy like me, i want to have more ram for better health of hdds, dx11 features, but changes in interface and locations of it's elements is what hard for me when working. it's like changes in gui of 3dsmax, who in the hell need them if they only increase modelling time?
- i'll finally decide which videocard to buy, gtx 650 ti or gtx 600 ti/non-ti (not hard choice, but don't want to regret if performance difference is not enough or too much for me).
- really nice for modding dx11 game will be released or i'll decide to port old game to dx11 only (second preffered).

I'm working with Skyrim now because users need it and interesting for myself to increase quality at most. Very few want generic version or when i did new versions with not much fx frequently (why to grow list of games, if it's not looking cool?).

"Generic" is just my description on how it is working for me. Some new games I tried that work too:

- Tomb Raider Underworld
- Kane & Lynch 2- Dog Days
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
- Assasins Creed 2
- Deadlight

Tomb Raider Underworld had a problem underwater (just blue fog was displayed), but cleaning up the Effects.txt file solved it and now it works perfectly.

Having customizable Lens Distortion and Chromatic Aberration is a great deal for me. Most games I play are targeted at realistic or pseudo-realistic graphics, and those effects make them look much better IMO, and even make some jaggies that may remain after typical AA much less noticeable, which is a GREAT side-effect of using this version.

I know all this features are taste-like for each user, and depending on gaming conditions. I play on a 120" 1080p projector, so I don't care much for ultracrispy textures. Jaggies and bad AA have always been my number 1 enemy, as they take all the possible realism away (HQ textures are great, but how great if you can see pixelated edges in the objects containing them?).

AO and AA can be forced in the GPU drivers Control Panel now, so as long as they work I am OK with that.

Most recent games already include DoF, Motion Blur, Ambient Occlusion, Bloom, several kinds of AA and other typical effects, but almost NONE have Lens Distortion and/or Chromatic Aberration, and I think they never will.

Besides that, performance with this version is great (I assume due to just the effects in Effect.txt file are being applied), I just can notice a little performance drop in rFactor 2, but this game is currently in beta development and even without ENB the game itself is not optimized and lacks a lot of features (very BAD AA being the worst for me, but it doesn't have Motion Blur or DoF too), so this isolated case doesn't count for much.

Right now the features I miss the most are Motion Blur, Vignette, Color and Gamma correction and Bloom.

For me, even a fake 2D or 2.5D image Motion Blur is great, specially in racing games and frantic action games like Aliens vs Predator, where the effect improves the game a lot, making the experience much more immersive.

Is it possible to feature a velocity based motion blur towards the edges of the screen without the depth info?

The other effects could work if just SweetFX or FXAAinjector worked, although the ENB Bloom and Blurry Vignette are much better quality IMO.

I always use SweetFX in all my DX11 games. Bloom, vignette and the other effects are not as great as ENB, but at least I can tweak the game to my taste and they make it look better.

Win7 x64 is a great system (much better than Win8 for now too).
I know what you mean about 3dsmax interface changes :lol: being working in 3D apps since the days of old 3D Studio DOS and I totally agree, it is lame when they change the interface just to justify cashing a new version which most of the times is still having previous reported bugs.

The screenshot feature doesn't work for me in this version, which is a pity, as I am unable to show off how much better Assasins Creed, Tomb Raider or Dirt series look with ENB and these features applied.

I tried to add another different version of ENB nested in this enbseries.ini, and nest this version into other versions of ENB that are single-game-specific, but neither worked.

Tried adding SweetFX (SMAA injector) in enbseries.ini to be able to use Bloom, Vignette, Gamma, Color Correction and the other effects featured by it, but it didn't work too.

This is the cleaned-up and corrected version I am using now:

http://www.nonecg.com/Images/ENB/ENBser ... CG_0.2.rar

Is it possible to use the Screenshot feature and/or get SweetFX or FXAAinject working?

Without coding knowledge, I am unable to further improve this version now, but I am willing to donate more money or hardware if a version like this is futher developed and improved, and I think a lot of gamers will benefit from it if it works in so many games as it is working now.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Is it possible to feature a velocity based motion blur towards the edges of the screen without the depth info?
All old versions of the mod use motion blur without depth information (several versions existed with depth, but i not released them). Problem is to get previous and current frame camera matrices to compute vectors of movement and rotation, this is very simple for old games, but most new do not provide this info and all matrices already transformed (i'm almost never touch process to keep compability with different binaries and don't like an idea to disassemble games under real name).

Screenshot capturing probably not working because these versions are patches and code disabled. I heard many times that everyone use other software to capture screenshots and this feature useless.

SweetFX and FXAA may or may not work and i can't do much about that, because don't have source code of them and don't know what could be wrong. I did changes to wrapper core many times and which worked with or which are not, have no idea. For me simpler to add some features from these mods, but i don't think they are important, my mod is operating mostly with objects and those with post processing only, almost not intersecting each other, so nobody will say about plagiarism from my side.

So you mean motion blur will not be easy to code and if it was done, it would not work in all games?

What about color correction, adaptation, grain noise, vignette and bloom? can they be easily added to this version?

The only reason I am using SweetFX is that it works in DX11 games, but I like ENB effects much more.

Screenshots works with Fraps (do not work with MSI Afterburner):

Assasins Creed Brotherhood:

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2:

Tomb Raider Underworld:

Race Driver GRID:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

What about color correction, adaptation, grain noise, vignette and bloom? can they be easily added to this version?
These effects are post process and very simple, most included in old versions of the mod (if you disable other features which not work properly). I don't want to make vignette or noise, i dislike them, so use external effect file or modify existing. If you mean versions named as re5 patch and another one mentioned, i will not modify them and not make them base for some other mod.

Pity. This versions works for me in almost every game, but as I am no coder I have no idea how to add more effects.

Would anybody here that has any idea shed some light about it and help improve this version further?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Okay, i'll do it, but later, popup this thread from time to time. Now i'm too much busy with doing three mods, it's hard for my brain memory.